Today we’re living in a society that not only promotes tolerance of sin(s), but glorifies it. The very people who promote this tolerance, are the ones who judge others for not accepting their sinful lifestyle. Now this is going to be a hard pill to swallow, but I’m here to speak the truth, your tolerance of sin will lead you straight to the pit of hell.
Mark 9:42 says, “Whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to stumble, it would be better for him to have a large millstone hung around his neck and to be thrown into the sea.” Yes, you read it, if someone who calls themselves a Christian, but yet tolerates sin and calls it good, this is what awaits them.
The verse continues on by saying that it is better to cut the root of the sin quickly before you actually end up in hell. (Yes, hell is a real place and it’s not a joke). “If your hand causes you to fall into sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life crippled than to have two hands and go into hell, into the unquenchable fire.”
So what are some examples of tolerable sin? Here are just a few:
- It’s okay if you are in a monogamous relationship and having sex outside of marriage. Everyone is doing it, there is nothing wrong with it. I’m not sleeping around and I’m not promiscuous. (When you have sex outside of the marriage covenant, you are sinning against your own body and against God. Sex was exclusively designed within the confines of marriage and to procreate. When you break up with that person and jump into another relationship, you are practicing promiscuity. This means you are having a lot of different sexual partners or sexual relationships. Sex is a representation of Christ and the church being united and becoming one, it is meant to be holy).
- You can be angry at your brother or sister and not forgive them. God understands what they did to you and they should learn their lesson. (That’s completely erroneous, God is a forgiving God and you should be too. Do not let the sun go down with your anger, if you haven’t forgiven someone, drop everything and do it now. Jesus said, “Anyone who says to their brother or sister “Raca” is answerable to the court. And anyone who says, ‘You fool!’ will be in danger of the fire of hell.“
- Love is love. You can practice homosexuality and still be a Christian. (God loves us too much to leave us in sin, He wants us to die to ourselves and become a new creation with Him. If you love Jesus, you obey His word. If he says it is a sin, it is a sin. God does not change, He is very clear about this in the old testament and the new testament. God can help you die to your flesh and move in the direction He wants you to move. You cannot serve two masters, either you’ll hate one and love the other).
- Gossiping is harmless and it’s just social chat. (No, gossipping sows discord among the brethren and it’s abominable to God. Don’t be fooled by thinking that because this person claims to love Jesus but yet hates his brother is in truth, he or she is a liar).
- All religions lead to God. If you hear someone say this, run. Either this person is completely unstable in the faith, ignorant, or a wolf in sheep’s clothing. This is a false doctrine, 2 Peter 2 ” And many will follower their destructive ways, because of whom the way of truth will be blasphemed. By covetousness, they will exploit you with deceptive words.” Acts 4:12 says, “Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved.” Quit listening to this other nonsense, Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life; Jesus didn’t die on that cross to give you multiple ways of salvation friends.
- I can sin as much as I want to and then just repent. Be careful with this type of thinking, this is just remorseful thinking and not true repentance. The word repentance means to turn about, meaning turning completely away from that sin. Will you likely sin in your walk as a Christian, yes, you live in a fallen nature. However, this is not a pass to abuse the grace God has given you. God cannot be mocked. If the Holy Spirit convicts you more than once about a personal sin, listen to Him. The Holy Spirit cannot dwell inside a temple that is filthy. Rid yourself of it and walk towards holiness. For it is written in 1 Peter 1:16: “Be holy, because I am holy.” If it’s a sin you are struggling with, ask the Holy Spirit to help you. Truly seek Jesus to cleanse you, because if you let that sin fester, it will only war against your spirit more and more each day. When Jesus spoke to the adulterous woman, He didn’t condemn her, but He said: “Go and sin no more.” That’s what I’m reminding you today.
Dixie Mia – “If our love for that person doesn’t exceed our hate for the sin. Then we are doing it wrong.”